Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, May 13, 2011

New Item!

Look at this beautiful creature!  The patterns are amazing! 

Red cracker butterfly
This is a red cracker butterfly.  I learned that they live in South America up to Arizona and that the males make a "cracking" sound with their wings.  They do this to either attract a mate or scare off rival males.  I think that's pretty cool!  Nature never ceases to amaze me.

 Here is the wall hanging I just finished of the red cracker.  I kept putting it off because there are so many lines but it went pretty smoothly once I started.  It took a few nights of work though.  I am pleased with the result. 

The wall hanging is now available for purchase on my Etsy site.  You can learn more about it here.


I've found a good picture of a monarch butterfly so I think I might take a stab at that next.  Maybe create a butterfly series of wall hangings.

I learned something interesting about them too: the butterfly that arrives in Canada after a northern migration is the 3rd or 4th generation of a butterfly that left Canada months before!  Isn't that amazing?!  That is why the monarch is so fascinating to scientists.  They always migrate to the same place but how do these 4th generation butterflies know where they're going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment