Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Monday, May 16, 2011

New Item!

There's a new item in the shop!

C is really into martial arts.  He is very interested in the samurai and they way they lived their lives.  A great movie to watch to learn a little about the samurai is "The Last Samurai".  It stars Tom Cruise (not one of my favourite actors but he did ok) and is very well done.  It really gives you a lot of respect for the samurai and what they were all about.

So, with C's influence I burned the Japanese character Bushido into a bamboo plaque. 

Bushido, meaning "Way of the Warrior", is a Japanese code of conduct and a way of the samurai life. It originates from the samurai moral code and stresses frugality, loyalty, martial arts mastery, and honor unto death.  One of the amazing things about Bushido is that it was never written down during the time of the samurai.

To learn more about the wall hanging click here to go to my Etsy shop.


I finished it with a clear gloss wood finish to sort of give it a laquer kind of look.  It turned out really well so I think I may do more Japanese characters on bamboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment