Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Peacock Experiment

I thought I'd share this project with you.  It's not finished yet and was meant as an experiment.  I wanted to see how the image would burn and look on this bamboo placemat.  Overall it's working really well and I like the result.  I just have to be careful when my tip is near the string that holds the bamboo pieces together.  I've melted a few.

I like how it's turning out but I think it would look much better if I'd made the peacock image larger.  I find I tend to lean towards smaller images a lot and then realize that larger is better.  This will be something I'll have to learn as I do more projects.

This is an Art Nouveau image of a peacock on a bamboo placemat.  I think I'll add some sort of embellishment around the edges just to finish it off.

I start with the image and trace it on to the wood. K just had to have his arm in the picture.

The bamboo plaques are hard to draw on but this one took the image really well.

Here's a close up of the tracing.  It can be a bit confusing when I burn so I keep the picture handy for reference.
This is with a partial burn.  It took me a couple of hours to do this but it was fairly easy going.

No comments:

Post a Comment