Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

...and the pig lay under the moon...for now

Today I spent some time sanding new pieces.  Some pieces of wood I buy new from stores but others, the more interesting ones, I acquire from garage sales and thrift stores.  I love looking through the shelves and bins wondering if today's the day that I'm going to find a new treasure to bring home.  The moon, pig and rectangle plaques I discovered in our local thrift store.  They started out as someone's project but were never finished.  They were a little rough when I brought them home but look great now and are ready to have a unique design burned into them.  Time to let the creative juices start flowing.

It's hard to see in this picture, but under the pile of shapes is a lazy susan.  I've had it for a while now and have even had a great design to burn into it.  But I haven't touched it because I've been a little too timid to tackle it.  I think I'm finally ready now and I can't wait to show you when it's finished! 

I've also started a business page on Facebook (bkinspired), come and visit me!

No comments:

Post a Comment