Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, December 7, 2012

My Favourite Cookie!

I am a cookie monster!  There aren't many cookies out there that I won't eat.  There are a few, but not many. 

I discovered these just a couple of years ago and now I can't stop making them.  I feel kind of bad for the kids because these don't last long in our house and they usually only get to munch of a few from each batch!

Here is the recipe.  It's from the back of a package of Bob's Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli.  I'm sure you could use any muesli but his is soooo good!  I add a couple more things to it to make them just a little easier on the conscience to have more than one.  Enjoy!!

You can find more delicious Bob's Red Mill recipes here: http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes.php

Chocolate Chip Muesli Cookies

1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Tbsp Wheat Germ
1/2 Tbsp Ground Flax
1/2 cup Butter or Non-hydrogenated Margarine, soft
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
6 oz Chocolate Chips


Heat oven to 375°F. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside. Blend butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture and mix. Stir in Muesli and chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoons on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes.

Makes 24 cookies.




Notice the shadow on the wall behind.  These had just come out of the oven and B wanted to have one, but it was time for bed and I wouldn't give in.  He was not a happy kid.



No comments:

Post a Comment