Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Foodie Friday


Happy Friday!

Is it warm where you are?  We have had crazy weather here.  One week it's unbearably cold and the next it feels like Spring is coming.  It is so hard to know what to wear.
But I do know that when the cold temperatures are upon us it brings out the deep desire to be warm and cozy and enjoy our favourite comfort foods.  Last week I shared Oven Fried Chicken and this week I will share my absolute favourite homemade Mac and Cheese ultimate comfort food recipe.

This is so delicious you won't be able to stop yourself from having more than one serving.  I'm serious!

This recipe makes a lot and is great for freezing so you can save it for those days when you just don't know what to cook and you want something easy and tasty.   Just make sure you use a large pan!

Homemade Mac and Cheese


Mac & Cheese

1 lb macaroni
1 can tomato soup
1 can diced tomatoes, drained well
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
3 cups shredded or cubed cheddar (or mixed cheese)
1-2 cloves garlic
8 Tbsp butter, divided
¼ cup dry bread crumbs (or other favourite crunchy topping)

Heat oven to 350F

Cook pasta.  

In very large bowl, combine pasta, soup, tomatoes, cream cheese and 6 Tbsp of butter.  Make sure cream cheese is mixed in well before baking.

Pour into 9x13 baking dish.  Top with bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter.

Bake 30-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.

All ingredients combined in a very large bowl.

Almost ready to go in the oven.

Bread crumbs and wheat germ with butter for topping.

This is all you need for a complete and satisfying meal.  Enjoy!

Do you have a favourite comfort food?  I'd love to hear what it is in the comments.




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - Haven't eaten pasta or cheese in 6 weeks. This looks like heaven!

    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness you poor thing! I couldn't live without it!

      Delete
  2. This looks like an awesome variation of a kid favorite! I am most definitely pinning this for later. Thanks for the recipe. =0)
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com
    PS - Meet & Greet is live for the weekend, if you'd like to come and link up - we'd love to have you over!

    ReplyDelete