Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Foodie Friday

This was the picture shared on FB.

I came across these little gems on Facebook.  A friend had shared someone's recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Bites and I thought they looked good enough to try.  And possibly another way to offer up cauliflower to the boys.

I was pretty easy, but used a lot of kitchen items and it didn't fill a  mini muffin pan like her picture, but maybe because I didn't use enough cauliflower.  But, one out of the two boys liked it and I liked it so it's something we'll try again.

Here's the recipe…

Cauliflower Pizza Bites

2 T olive oil (i used more)
½ head of large cauliflower (I don't think I had a "large" head)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp garlic salt (I didn't have any so I used seasoning salt)
1 tsp red pepper flakes (didn't use since kids and I don't like things hot)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg

Put small pieces of cauliflower in to a food processor.  Process in batches until you get approximately 3 cups of cauliflower that looks like couscous or rice.  The recipe calls for 2 or 3 cups but I think you need more if you want to make 24 bites.

Saute the cauliflower in the olive oil until translucent.  Meanwhile process all the other ingredients in the food processor except for the egg.

Mix the cheese mixture with the cauliflower.  Test mixture and add any other spices you think it needs.  Add egg.

Grease mini muffin tin.  Spoon mixture into tin and press down.  

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees and serve.

Cauliflower in frying pan.
Adding the egg.
This is what ours looked like in the oven.
Close, but I forgot to press them down before baking.
Ready for eating!  Yum!
If you try these let me know what you think.  





No comments:

Post a Comment