Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Foodie Friday

Valentine's is coming!  Do you like to prepare special treats for yourself and family?  I do and I want to share this one with you.  Maybe not recommended for the littler kids but definitely for the big, big kids.

This one is really, really good!  So good and simple that they won’t last long and you’ll wish you’d made a double batch.

Sadly, not my picture.  Found on pinterest
Liqueur Infused Chocolate Strawberries

~ 16 large strawberries, rinsed and dried
~1/4 cup liqueur of your choice (orange liqueur Grand Marnier)
~1 lb bittersweet/dark chocolate, chopped
~1 oz white chocolate

Use syringe to inject liqueur into strawberries. If you don’t have a syringe you can poke holes in the narrow end and pour the liqueur in.  

Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the liqueur become one with the strawberry.

Melt the bittersweet chocolate over a double boiler.  Dip strawberries into chocolate and either set on waxed paper or prop up on the leafy end.

Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over the strawberries.

Refrigerate and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment