Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, February 28, 2014

Healing Turmeric Tea

It’s Foodie Friday!!

I have been under the weather this week and so I thought it would be the perfect time to try turmeric tea.  Have you heard about it?  Lately, I’ve been hearing that turmeric is like the superhero of spices.  It has so many incredible qualities to help our bodies and one of them is to fight colds and flu.  Making the tea sounded easy enough so I thought I’d give it a go.  It smelled so amazing as it was simmering.  That alone started to make me feel better.

Here are the directions and I’ve included a link to the video that I learned from.  The only thing I found lacking in the video is what you do with the left over tea.  So I put it in a glass container and then stirred it and reheated it the next day.  And I can honestly say that the severity of my cold was lessened dramatically after the second day.
Like my Coach mug?  The tea is a bit of a funny colour and looks thick but it's good!

TURMERIC TEA

1.5 litres of water
3 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground cardamon

Add all ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to boil.  Turn down the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.  

I then transferred it to a glass jug.  I strained it as I poured it into my mug. 

Since I don’t normally take honey or sugar in my tea so I thought it made sense to try it without.  And it was great!  It has a bit of a spiciness to it but it’s not overwhelming. 

The second day, after reheating just enough to fill a mug on the stove, I added a little bit of honey.  It cut down the spiciness a little bit but I don’t think it made a big difference on the overall taste.  

The woman in the video also added almond milk to hers but I haven't tried that yet so I can't comment on how it tastes. 

It was quick and easy and gives you enough to share or use for another day or two.  And it will help with so many things.  Here are just a few of the ones she mentions in the video, if you choose not to watch it…

~helps with the inflammation of osteo arthritis
~is a liver detoxifyer and helps clean the liver
~has antiseptic qualities
~is anitbacterial
~is anitinflammatory
~natural pain killer
~helps with weight loss as it aids in fat metabolism
~sooths upset tummy
~helps body absorb and digest protein
~helps fight against the flu

You can see the video HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment