Welcome to my blog about my wood burning creations! I'm so glad you're here!
You can also visit my Etsy site here, to see what items are available to purchase, and visit me on Facebook here!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Foodie Friday

 Last week was Pancake Day, Shrove Tuesday.  We don’t follow the religious background for the day but we did have pancakes for dinner.  When I was young my Mom used to make us banana fritters.  They are so delicious and as soon as I introduced them to the boys they became an instant favourite.  They ask for them all the time and are a great way to use up an aging banana.

We sprinkle a little lemon juice and sugar on them and they are a wonderful quick and easy treat to make!

I am obviously not the best food photographer but you get the idea.  I make fun tiny ones for the boys too.
 Banana Fritters

1 mashed banana
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

Heat oil in frying pan.  Test the heat of the oil with a little water.  If the water bounces off you know it’s hot enough. 

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.

Pour batter into pan to make pancakes.  Flip pancakes when the edges start to bubble and turn a little golden.  

Top with a little lemon juice and sugar and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment